Some people reach for the Kleenex during a breakup, but millions of folks reached for Lewis Capaldi's "Someone You Loved," which was just named the biggest breakup song in the world.
The study, which was sponsored by Learn Divorce Law, went through thousands of songs released between 2018 and the present, and found that Capaldi's tunes appeared on the most breakup-themed playlists.
The late rapper XXXTentacion's "Sad!" was the second-most popular song for splitters, followed by the Marshmello - Bastille collab "Happier." Dua Lipa's "Don't Start Now" and Blackpink's "Kill This Love" rounded out the Top 4. (Medical Daily)
Top 10 Breakup Songs
- “Someone You Loved” by Lewis Capaldi
- “SAD!” by XXTentacion
- “Happier” by Marshmello and Bastille
- “Don’t Start Now” by Dua Lipa
- “Kill This Love” by Blackpink
- “Without Me” by Halsey
- “Thank U, Next” by Ariana Grande
- “When the Party’s Over” by Billie Eilish
- “No Tears Left to Cry” by Ariana Grande
- “Good 4 U” by Olivia Rodrigo