I get it. Sometimes doctor's offices can be intimidating. A lot of the time, we look for excuses not to go and will look up our symptoms online. Well, STOP!
Trust me, I get just as nervous to go to the doctor as the next person. I'm always worried that they'll tell me something horrible. But, when you think about it, the only way we'll know how to treat the possibly horrible things is if we go to the doctor!
I started having questions about my allergies. A few years ago I found out that I'm allergic to a couple things I didn't even know someone could be allergic to, like COCKROACHES.
Yes. Shudder with me.
Well, I've got all of the reasons why you should go see an allergist, and they are as follows:
- You are concerned you may have a food allergy or wish to have the diagnosis confirmed.
- You have experienced an allergic reaction to an insect sting or medication.
- You are experiencing hives or contact sensitivities.
- You have a cough that won’t go away.
- Your allergies are causing symptoms such as chronic sinus infections, nasal congestion or difficulty breathing.
- You experience hay fever or other allergy symptoms several months out of the year.
- Antihistamines and over-the-counter medications do not control your allergy symptoms or create unacceptable side effects, such as drowsiness.
- Your asthma or allergies are interfering with your ability to carry on day-to-day activities or decreasing your quality of life.
- You are experiencing warning signs of serious asthma such as:- You sometimes have to struggle to catch your breath.- You often wheeze or cough, especially at night or after exercise.- You are frequently short of breath or feel tightness in your chest.
- You have previously been diagnosed with asthma, and you have frequent asthma attacks even though you are taking asthma medication.
- You experience frequent or unusual infections.
These are all great reasons to actually go see a doctor instead of just looking something up on the internet. Go see Dr. Arseneau at Valley Allergy and Asthma Clinic. You won't regret it! Also check her out online at matsuallergy.com