No matter what your relationship status is, you can always celebrate Valentine’s Day with your favorite women in your life!!!
In case you don’t know, Galentine’s Day is a fictional holiday created by character Leslie Knope on the show “Parks and Recreation.” And it’s the perfect chance to host a party with your besties, have some cocktails and dine on heart-shaped goodies. There’s still time to throw a last-minute Galentine’s Day soiree, like this:
- Choose a theme - Galentine’s Day isn’t specific enough, so make the event more exciting by adding a theme so you can zero in on details. You could always go with a pajama theme, so everyone can dress down and get comfy in their PJs.
- Pick a signature cocktail - Pick something festive to go with the holiday, so something like a “Love My Ladies Berry Much” - made with Prosecco and raspberry juice - is perfect.
- Order heart-shaped food - A lot of pizza places will make you a heart-shaped pie if you ask and nothing tastes better than heart-shaped carbs and cheese. Pick up some heart-shaped brownies, cupcakes with pink sprinkles, or other Galentine-geared goodies and you’re menu is set.
- DIY photo booth - Since your besties will want to document the event with photos, make it Insta-worthy with props, pillows, and backgrounds. Try some pink pillows, a gold fringe backdrop from the party store, or a faux-fur rug borrowed from your bedroom.
- Add little details that'll go a long way - Balloons are a cheap way to up the wow factor with your decorations. Fresh flowers, a few rose gold foil balloons and cocktail napkins with some snarky saying on them hide the fact that you threw this Galentine’s party together at the last minute.