Road trips with friends are the BEST! But... those super long ones can be rough if you aren't properly prepared!
Max's and my good friends, Shawn and Alyssa, are joining us on a couples camping/backpacking trip! We're going to head up the Denali Highway this weekend with our packs and pups in tow, but we have to get there somehow!
*cue the 2017 VW Golf Alltrack*
So that ^ obviously isn't my car, but BE PREPARED 'cause you're going to see a lot of pictures like that one this weekend...
Follow my socials like Instagram and Snapchat @singermalie to check out our trip!
Now, the long drive to our camping spot is going to be tough IF we don't have the essentials. This is the list I've come up with so far:
- Audio books
- Healthy snacks/non-messy meals
- Refreshing mist - Good for your skin in those compact spaces!
- Baby wipes - You never know when you’re gonna want to wash your hands!
- Navigator - Most of us have GPS on our phones these days, but make sure to bring it!
- Motion-sickness cures - You don’t want to be stuck with nausea!
- Map - Carry a real map with you. You never know when your GPS or phone will fail you.
- Car emergency kit
- First aid kit
- Dry shampoo
Check, check, aaand check!
One of the great things about the 2017 VW Golf Alltrack is that it has Apple Car Play which connects my phone and compatible apps with the car's in-dash touch screen! We can use Apple Maps, the iHeartRadio App, and the phone all with a touch.
I can't wait to take the 2017 VW Golf Alltrack on different Alaskan terrains. This is going to be awesome!
Test drive THE adventure car for yourself at Kendall Volkswagen of Anchorage on 10th and Gambell. You won't regret it!